Search Past Posts

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

39 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 39 weeks (the countdown is on!)
Size of baby: According to last week's sonogram, she's already around 7 lb 12 oz. Apparently I grow big babies (if that number is accurate). As long as she can fit into her newborn clothes for at least a few weeks, I'm okay with it. :)
Total Weight Gain: 33 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Yes. And some of them are getting a little snug, so I'm down to wearing basically the same few things over and over.
Gender: We're having a GIRL! Harper Kate :)
Movement: Baby girl moves a LOT. And now she's getting big, so it's actually painful. She also gets the most active at night, so falling asleep is pretty difficult.
Sleep: I'm not sleeping well anymore. Crazy contractions are keeping me up late and waking me up early.
What I miss: Not needing to pee every thirty minutes. Really, it's getting out of hand.
Cravings: I don't have a huge appetite these days, but I've been craving Brander Burger and watermelon. I craved burgers with my first two pregnancies, too. 
Symptoms: Lots of back pain the last few weeks. And now I can add some pretty intense contractions to the list. That actually makes me hopeful because I never had them with my first two, but I'd like for them to actually get regular and do something. I'm finally at the point of being over being pregnant. Hey, it's been way better this time around, but I'm just excited to meet our baby girl!
Best Moment this week: It's been a good one! Some friends from church threw a little pool party/baby shower for me and Harper this weekend, so I super enjoyed hanging out in the water with excellent company!

Also, at my appointment on Tuesday they rechecked my fluid levels and are no longer concerned. My doc is a tiny bit worried that she'll end up being as big as Landon (10 lb 6 oz), but he's not pushing me to induce early or anything (which is one of the many reasons I love him). 

And now we're on baby countdown. TMI alert: I go in tomorrow to get my membranes stripped (don't Google it), so hopefully that'll get something started. If not, I totally realize that I'm not even to my due date, so I could still be waiting for a little while longer. Happy August, everybody!

No comments: