Search Past Posts

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

27 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 27 weeks
Size of baby: About 14.5 inches long and 2 lbs (the size of a head of cauliflower)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 19 lbs. I was actually getting a little concerned about my two months of big gains, but today I got to look over my charts from my first two pregnancies, and this one is following those patterns exactly (it's almost eerie). So according to history, I'm on track to gain about 30 pounds total, which isn't awesome but is completely manageable.
Maternity Clothes: Yes in everything. Except pajamas. Who wants to buy maternity pajamas? Not this girl.
Gender: We're having a GIRL! Harper Kate :)
Movement: Baby girl moves a LOT. And she hangs out on the right side basically all the time. My stomach is constantly moving. Avery actually loves to feel Harper kicking her now. Landon just likes to climb all over me and kick Harper. I have a feeling this might be indicative of our future.
Sleep: I'm in a constant battle between my night owl tendencies and my brain that knows I have to rest.
What I miss: Having properly fitting clothing to wear. Not feeling like a whale. Not needing to pee every hour.
Cravings: Carbs. Sugar. Dairy. I guess I shouldn't be surprised about the weight gain, haha. 
Symptoms: A big ol' belly. Quite a few Braxton Hicks contractions. Overall, I'm really feeling pretty good right now!
Best Moment this week: Seeing Harper wiggling all over during my sonogram today! She's so stinking cute, even though she totally looks like an alien on that black and white screen. Her growth is right on track! Oh, and I got my glucose test over with today, so here's hoping I don't have to go back for the 3 hour. 

No comments: