Search Past Posts

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valenstimes Day!

When adults pronounce the holiday as "Valentimes" Day, I want to punch them in the throat. (Don't even get me started on fustrated, aks, and nucular.)

But Avery calls it Valenstimes Day, and it's super cute because she's only three.

Gosh, kids get away with everything.

So I stayed up until 3:30 this morning because I'm ridiculous. I decided that I would be Supermom this year and make all the kids' treats for their classmates, make the cards for their teachers, make cards for my own two lovely children, and make pink pancakes for a special breakfast.

Oh, and I thought it would be a great idea to learn how to use my new embroidery machine so I could applique and monogram Valentine t-shirts for Avery and Landon to wear to school today.

Supermom can suck it because that was the worst decision ever.

Did I mention that I had never so much as even turned on the embroidery machine before? At 11 pm I got to teach myself how to thread the machine, wind the bobbin, import my custom design (that I had already worked on for two hours during yesterday's naptime because I had to figure out how to use the software), troubleshoot the error message I kept getting even though my file format was correct all along, apply stabilizer, machine applique, change the bobbin thread that ran out halfway through the project, and unsew the t-shirt that got stuck into the stitching because by 2 am I was no longer a functioning human being.

And I cut straight through Landon's shirt because I don't have the right scissors to trim appliques yet.

But if you look at them from a distance, the shirts turned out really cute.



And we ate breakfast at the table this morning instead of in the car. (Don't worry, we were still late as usual.)

And I saved money by not buying commercial cards.



And we spent all afternoon outside enjoying the gorgeous weather. Okay, the kids enjoyed it. I cleaned out our swagger wagon. It took over an hour to clean it if that tells you anything.

And the kids were bathed, in bed, and asleep by 7 pm.

So it's been a good day.

Except that I really miss this guy. Stupid TMEA.


So to recover from last night, I'll be spending the rest of the evening on the couch with my favorite blanket and Monday's episode of The Bachelor. Try not to be too jealous.

I hope you had a great day and that you know how loved you are!

And if you hate today because it's an over commercialized excuse for florists to jack up the price of roses, I hope you're glad it's almost over!

Happy Valentimes Valenstimes Valentine's Day!

No comments: