Search Past Posts

Monday, January 14, 2013

Unglued

I've gotten into a non-reading funk lately. Every time I get in bed, I grab my phone and play stupid games and check Facebook for the millionth time that day. It's annoying. And yes, I realize I have control over what I do at the end of the day, but it was like I just couldn't snap out of it.

So last night I put my phone up before I got in bed, and I started reading a book that's been sitting neglected and unopened on my nightstand for a good two months now.


I'm not too embarrassed to admit that I come unglued at least once a week. I let things build up and build up and then all hell breaks loose.

Maybe I should be too embarrassed to admit that.

Too late now.

I'd read some rave reviews from multiple bloggers I follow, so I picked up a copy of Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions. I don't have anything substantial to say about the book so far because I'm only one chapter in, but I'm excited to make some imperfect progress to stopping the emotional explosions.

2 comments:

britt91 said...

Lysa Terkeurst! I've been reading another book of her's, "Made to Crave" and it's fantastic! I really like her. I can only imagine that her other books are just as good. Ironically, she's going to be at the women's conference the church has been talking about! I definitely want to go lol

Kati said...

I should probably read that one. Although I think I am not coming unglued near as much as I used to? Maybe the vitamins are helping :)