Search Past Posts

Friday, January 18, 2013

It's a Funny Story, Really

Except that it's not funny at all.

Things were finally starting to look up this week. And I guess now they're still looking up but only because I've hit the bottom of the abyss and there's nowhere else to look.

Is that too dramatic? Fine.

We'll start with the good. I decided that I'm not going to be miserable for the next 6-7 months like I was with my first two pregnancies, so I made an appointment with a chiropractor who was highly recommended and specializes in pregnancy and children. She is my new best friend and I'm not even kidding. After just the first visit yesterday I already feel like a human being again. I wasn't even in pain, but I just constantly felt bleh and wanted to avoid problems before they started. I still feel amazing today, so I am sold. And if you're looking for a chiropractor in the area, I'm more than happy to share. :)

With my newfound ability to actually function, I was ready to conquer the day. Starting with the ridiculous amount of laundry that has accumulated while I've been glued to the couch the last month.

Only our washing machine stopped draining water last night and our dryer smells like it's about to burn up any second.

Mommy!

I loaded up 5 huge hampers of clothes (I told you the accumulation was ridiculous) and headed to my parents' house to start the laundry before our lunch date with friends at Chick-fil-a. I figured it would work perfectly to bring the kiddos back to their house for naps while I did laundry and caught up on stuff on my laptop. And that idea was perfect. In theory.

I just didn't plan on thieves* smashing the minivan window and jacking my laptop (that apparently wasn't hidden as well as I thought) while we enjoyed our chicken nuggets and waffle fries.

*I have a lot of words that I would rather use to describe these inconsiderate monsters, but I'm choosing to show great restraint.
Do you like how they also dented up the door frame? Because smashing the window just wasn't destructive enough.

Nothing like repairing a car door/window, buying a washer and dryer, paying outlandish doctor fees, and replacing a computer all at the same time.

Did I mention that none of my computer files were backed up?

Here's your lesson for today, kids: Hide your stuff and back up your hard drives.

I could really use a margarita.  Oh, wait.

No comments: