Search Past Posts

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Few Current Favorites

Just in case you're wondering, here's what I'm...

...watching. We don't actually watch a lot of TV, mostly because we had to give up all the good channels so we could do things like eat food and pay our electricity bill when I quit my job. Hooray for Netflix to get me absolutely HOOKED on a show and allow me to watch it in marathon fashion.  Case in point? Friday Night Lights. Sigh. That is my favorite drama of all time. (Friends is my favorite comedy if anyone is keeping track.) My current obsession?

Revenge. Oh. my. goodness. There just aren't words. We picked this one to start on Netflix since the show is currently only in its second season, which meant it was less to catch up on. And as of last night, we are officially caught up. Watch it. Just watch it. And if you already do, I need you to talk with me about it because I think Matt is getting tired of hearing me talk about the storylines as if they are actual events in our real life.


I'm also loving Nashville! I knew I would (you know, with the return of Tami Taylor, I mean Connie Britton, and all), but I was still glad not to be disappointed. I love the music and the story lines and the pretty boys. Okay, just Deacon is pretty. (I love you, Matt!) And I love that it comes on at 9:00 so I can actually watch it when it airs instead of trying to find time to catch it on Hulu and then forgetting.


And you know I'll be watching the Bachelor when it starts up again. I guess I'm an ABC girl at the moment!

Oh, and we got to catch a sneak preview of Lincoln last week and it is definitely worth shelling out your hard-earned cash to see it in the theater. Daniel Day-Lewis was obviously amazing (which you know if you've even seen the previews), but Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones absolutely blew me away.


...listening to. Spotify is my new best friend! You can listen online to anything your heart desires. It's brilliant. The app works like Pandora and plays a "station" based on music you like, but on the computer you can choose from any artist, CD, or song.

I've been digging the newest Christy Nockels CD (her last one was a severe disappointment) for awhile now and Seeds Family Worship when the munchkins want something a little more kiddish. Speaking of, if you need some kid music that won't drive you crazy, Seeds is awesome. It's literally the Bible to music and it's really well done. Check it out on Spotify if you don't believe me. :)






...reading. I'm co-leading a college Bible study right now and we're doing a Navigators study on Romans. It's safe to say that it's kicking my butt. In a good way, of course. Although just because it's good doesn't mean it's not painful. Paul doesn't pull any punches, and the book is still completely relevant even though it was written two thousand years ago. How crazy is God that he can do that? (And through human beings no less.) Anyway, it's been super beneficial for me to have accountability in spending time in the Word because I have a tendency to become complacent and fill my time with less important things (like Facebook, blogging, and Pinterest). Go figure.




I'm not reading any books at the moment, so I'm catching up on my stacks of Real Simple, Parents, and People. Magazines are far less committal than books. Can you believe I was an English major? I don't even know myself anymore.

...eating. These things are my comfort food:

Chocolate chip cookies (just go with the Toll House recipe; Monica and Phoebe knew what they were talking about)


Cilantro lime chicken (this crock pot can't be beat for its ease, taste, and versatility. We eat it the first night over brown rice and topped with sour cream and/or cheese, and then the leftovers make perfect taco or quesadilla filling.)

www.pipandebby.com

...doing. Sewing, cleaning, working at church, playing outside, coloring, changing diapers, doing laundry, spending time with my people, and generally hanging out. Things are good; I can't complain.

And Christmas is coming (after Thanksgiving, of course), so there is much sugar to be eaten, Jesus to be celebrated, and gifts to be given! I love this time of year.

No comments: