Search Past Posts

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Writing.

I like to think that my writing capabilities extend beyond pictorial recaps of everyday life.

But then I sit down to write some of the many things swirling through the fog in my brain, and I come up with nothing.

Politics? Oh, I have opinions. Trust me, I have OPINIONS. (They also happen to be the right ones!) But I would also like to keep my friends. So I stay relatively silent.

Faith? I'm learning a lot. Trust me, I'm learning a LOT. But parts of the spiritual journey are so personal, that I've been choosing to share them more with people I know for sure I can trust. Not pouring out every emotional thought into the virtual interwebs.

Parenting? Shoot, I know nothing. Trust me, I know NOTHING. At least once a day I feel like I'm completely screwing up my kids. But those feelings are usually fleeting, and a sweet smile or hug from a little munchkin can give me a glimmer of hope.

Fashion and beauty? Forget it. Trust me, my closet is nothing to envy. Do you ever have an ugly day? Of course you do. You know, those days where no amount of makeup could make you feel attractive. Well, I've been having an ugly month. The hair is too long to be cute and too short to be pretty. My skin looks worse at 28 than it ever did in adolescence. Ugh. It's a good thing I have pretty high self-confidence, but it would be nice if I didn't feel like I looked tired and worn down every single day.

Home decor and organization? Do cluttered piles of toys count as decor? Trust me, my Pinterest boards do not reflect the state of my house.  And the fact that I'm a perfectionist neat freak doesn't mean a thing. Except that I don't want to do anything if I can't do it exactly right.  So it doesn't get done at all. Great logic, huh?

So what do I write about instead of these things of substance? The details of my day via cute pictures of my kids. Or I write about all the things I'm not writing about. Because that makes sense.

But this English teacher/soccer coach turne stay-at-home-mom who is starting a business and also serves as a Children's ministry director really misses WRITING.

No comments: