Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sting 'Em! (aka Allison's College Graduation)

My baby sister's all grown up!

Allison graduated today with honors from Howard Payne University. I am so proud of her!

It's so weird that everyone around me is getting older while I stay 24!

My parents are awesome and paid for all the siblings to go down to Brownwood on Friday night so we wouldn't have to get up early to leave on Saturday morning. Matt's in South Padre this weekend for a choir trip, so I was especially grateful to have some travel help!

We witnessed the senior "Chime Out" ceremony when we got to campus on Friday evening (It wasn't cult-ish at all... Haha, campus traditions always seem weird when they're not your own.) and then went to have a celebratory dinner at Underwood's.







(Practicing her stinger!)

I may have had a meltdown during said dinner. I'm sorry for the unkind words I said in hunger. And stress. Really, I'm ridiculous sometimes.

The kids were so great in the hotel room. Landon slept well in his Pack n Play, and Avery didn't kick me once while we were sleeping. And Brittany didn't even seem to mind being awakened before 7am. She's also just nice like that.

I love hotel breakfasts. I mean, where else do you get to eat a Texas-shaped Belgian waffle? The answer is nowhere. Well, except in the ETBU cafeteria. Gosh, I loved that place. (Go Tigers!)

We cheered really loud when Allison walked across the stage. Landon even woke up for that part!






And then we took the standard post-graduation pictures. You know, the ones where everybody gets their turn with the graduate. See?


My AMAZING siblings. Love them all SO MUCH.


Allison took us by the library to see the mural that she and three of her art major friends painted. Have I ever mentioned how talented she is?



We ate our weight in Italian food before stopping by Al's campus apartment to say our goodbyes (she's not coming home until tomorrow) and making the trek home.

And can someone PLEASE tell me why it was 100 DEGREES in MAY?!?!

Holy moly, it's gonna be a long summer.

Congratulations, Allison! I can't wait to see what your future holds!

No comments: