Search Past Posts

Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Five

1. We've been sickish around here this week. It's mostly Landon and me feeling icky, so the two of us are trying to get lots of rest. It's mostly cold stuff, and who can blame us since the temperature outside keeps going from 50 one day to 70 the next and back and forth every day!

2. Wednesday night was the only night this week I've been up past 9 (that's when you know I'm sick because I'm rarely in bed before midnight!), but Landon woke up at 11:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep until 1:30. I'm convinced that during our two hour bonding session he said Mama. At first I thought it was just a fluke, but he said it a lot when he was looking at me, so I decided that was my reward for staying up with him, haha. He's said it since, so I think it's for real!

3. I bought Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close on my Kindle last night, and I'm so excited to read it! I've had it on my list for months now, so I decided to finally just buy it so I could go see the movie after I finish. I'm only on the second chapter though because my Tylenol PM kicked in a little earlier than I anticipated.

4. Our vet had to close his practice and I am devastated. He had an accident on the job and then had some complications from a surgery, so he's recovering in Hawaii. I know it's ridiculous, but I think our vet is the doctor that we're most attached to! He's an old hippie type with long, curly hair who wears Hawaiian scrubs and goes barefoot in his clinic. He loves animals (obviously), but he and his staff really know everyone who takes their animals there, and when you're there, you feel like you're with friends. He shoots straight with you and doesn't charge an arm an a leg for his excellent care. Meg's due for her rabies shot, and I still can't decide where I want to take her. I think I'm in denial.

5. It's my birthday weekend, so we have some fun stuff planned. I'm turning twenty eight on Sunday. That is just bizarre to me. I never remember how old I am because I feel like I stopped actually getting older at 23. Let's hope that's not when I peaked! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

April @ Red-Dirt-Mama.com said...

Hey- check out http://www.pawsplus.com/ for vaccinations and stuff. This way, you can get discounted vaccines while you are looking for a new, sweet, hippie vet. :) They are a mobile vet group, usually at places like Tractor Supply and Petco. We took Holly, and we got vaccines/rabies, heartworm testing, and 6 months of Heartgard for $100. That was a lot cheaper than we paid at a vet last year! I think I may just use them from now on!

Joyce said...

Feel better soon. Enjoy the birthday weekend!

Kati said...

Happy 28th!! And Landon saying "mama" I'm sure was a great early present :)