Search Past Posts

Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Five: Linky Love

Once again, I don't really have time for a real post, but here are some little gems from zee internet.

1. This season of the year always makes me think. A lot. Now that Avery's getting old enough for all the Santa stuff, we've been talking about how much of the jolly ol' fellow we'd like to include in our celebration of Christ's birth. Gifts are also a struggle. I mean, we have SO much and I hate buying stuff for people if they're not going to love it. I love giving gifts to people I love, but I want them to be meaningful and not just more junk to fill up the house.

All that to say, this article really made some good points and put into words a lot of the things I've been feeling.

2. Another one was this article about loving others. While I don't agree with the author 100% and it's a VERY long read, I thought it was a well-written reminder about how I should be living my life.At the very least, it'll make you think.

3. My sister's so stinking talented. I've said that a million times, but she really is. Here's the link to our recent family photo shoot. And really, why have you not hired her to take your pictures yet??


4. Speaking of talented, my friend Rachel has one of the cutest Etsy shops I've ever seen. I can't remember if I've ever linked to it on here, so I'm doing it now. She makes bibs, burp cloths, and lots more cute kid stuff. It's not too late to order Christmas gifts, and handmade is a great option! (Or hey, at least keep her in mind for the next baby shower you're invited to.)


5. I love my crock pot. It has become my best friend during this soccer season. Tonight we devoured my new favorite Chicken Tortilla Soup. While I know it probably uses too many canned ingredients to be healthy (don't judge me, Mom), it sure was convenient. And yummy. We had some guac and chips with it, and I was in Tex Mex heaven. We're definitely adding it to the meal rotation.


Happy weekend! Oh, and I have a new NIECE! I'll post about her when I have pictures to go along with it.

1 comment:

Nick said...

You should ALWAYS include a lot of Nicholas in Christmas.