Search Past Posts

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ode to October

While I love the holiday season that runs from November to December, October is my favorite month in the entire year. Here's why:
  • Amazing weather. Texas weather is perfect in October. We've finally made it through the crazy hot summer, and it hasn't gotten cold yet. I love the consistent 70s-80s and being able to keep our windows open. 
  • Post-season baseball. The Rangers clinched the ALDS championship today! What makes this even better is that the ALCS is on Fox this year, so we can actually watch the games at home!
  • Minimal stress. The holidays are approaching, but they're still too far away to really be freaking out about pleasing everybody and doing everything.
  • Halloween Costumes and candy. I'm not a huge fan of all the creepy stuff that goes along with haunted houses, ghosts, and goblins, but I'm a sucker for kids in costumes, and if you know me at all, you know I can consume some serious quantities of candy.
  • Pink! Breast Cancer Awareness month means I get to see my favorite color everywhere. Even when Matt's watching football.
  • Pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks. Enough said.
Happy October!

No comments: