Search Past Posts

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back to my Roots

Well, folks, it's official. I'm a soccer coach again!


God's kinda funny because if you would've told me five years ago that I'd be coaching for my old high school, I would've laughed in your face. I was helping my friend Kendra move into her classroom last week, and the high school principal (who was a teacher when I was there) told me they were looking for a girls' head coach and asked if I wanted to go talk to the athletic director (my old cross country coach).

Um, yes! While I don't miss teaching right now because I'm loving staying at home with my babies, I totally miss coaching. So as of today it's official! I'll be getting paid to spend my afternoons from October through January teaching (and sometimes playing) the greatest sport in the world.

It'll be a little different this time around because I'm used to assistant coaching in a high-quality program with six teams, and now I'll be building a one-team program with a lot of new players.

I'm ready for the challenge though; here's to new adventures!

2 comments:

Elle said...

Congratulations!! :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I just had a new opportunity arise too...non-paid, but still...Here's to our adventures!