Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 7, 2011

No-Bake Oreo Bars

It's no secret. I have an insatiable sweet tooth.

Unfortunately, my 27-year-old (how did that happen??) body doesn't metabolize quite as well as my 18-year-old body did, so now I actually have to pay for my food choices.

Screw that.

You see, thanks to Pinterest (the most addictive time-sucker in my life right now), I'm addicted to No-Bake Oreo Bars.


People. You have to make them. They're essentially Rice Krispie Treats made with Oreos instead of the Rice Krispies, so the texture catches you off guard at first. But once you come to grips with the freaky chewy Oreo sensation, your life will never be the same.

And because plagiarism is wrong, the original recipe can be found here. But for those of you who are too lazy to click on the link, here it is:

1 pkg Oreos
1 pkg large marshmallows
4 Tbsp butter

Grind all the Oreos using a food processor (if you're fancy like that; if you're ghetto like us, a Ziplock bag and a rolling pin will do). Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave until puffed (about 1 1/2- 2 minutes).  Remove and pour in ground Oreos.  Stir to combine then transfer to a foil-lined 8×8 inch baking pan.  Let set up for 10 minutes.  Remove bars out of pan with edges of foil and cut into squares. The recipe says it makes 9 bars, but trust me when I tell you that a little bit goes a long way. Cut them into smaller bars and enjoy them for longer. :)

You can repay me by sharing your finished product. I love Oreos.

No comments: