Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Five

1. I haven't had too many cravings this pregnancy, but the ones I've had all seem to revolve around cereal. The past couple of months, I've been wanting Rice Krispie Treats pretty much all the time. So what did Matt make for me while I was out with my mom and sister last weekend? A whole pan of them, plus he got extra marshmallows so we could make more. Let's just say that they don't last very long when I know they're in the kitchen.


2. I finally got a Kindle! When they first came out I seriously couldn't see myself switching over from real live books, but I finally caved (plus, since Matt got some extra cash by working at a choir competition and we made a nice little chunk of change via garage sale, Matt finally convinced me to buy something for myself). I'm SO excited to start using it! Any recommendations on good downloads (preferably free ones until they start library loan, lol)?

3. Teacher Appreciation Week at Avery's Mother's Day Out was this last week, and since I'm terrible at coming up with gifts (especially for people I don't really know), I just went on the assumption that everybody loves coffee (right?) and made reusable coffee sleeves to accompany Starbucks gift cards. I used the Cottage Home tutorial, and I love the way they turned out! They were super easy to make (okay, minus sewing the stupid button) and were a great use of some fabric scraps that I had and couldn't bring myself to throw away. I'm pretty sure I'll be making more of these.


4. Matt left yesterday for the annual choir trip (this year to San Antonio), so Avery and I are on our own until Sunday night. Boo. I'm so spoiled; I hate it when he's gone. (I have no idea how military wives do it!) And while I'm trying to mentally prepare myself to go past my due date again, I'm secretly hoping I go into labor this weekend so he has to come home early. There, I said it.

5. We do have pretty fun weekend plans though! Avery and I spent this morning running errands (okay, not so fun but totally necessary!) and then met up with Whitney and Pearson for lunch at Chick-fil-a (shocker!). After Sleeping Beauty wakes up from her nap, we'll head up to my cousin Amy's house for pizza and Canasta (and Avery will get to watch her new Tangled DVD) for the evening. Then tomorrow we're going to Kendra and Carlos' apartment to celebrate Carlos' birthday, and on Sunday one of my best friends, Candie, and her little boy are stopping in town on their way back to Austin, so they'll go to church and lunch with us! And then Matt will rejoin us that evening, woohoo!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ask Adam about Kindle Suggestions!

Anonymous said...

1. My brother makes the best rice krispy treats. That doesn't help you any, but now I am reminded to ask him to make some for me. Melody randomly asked to get marshmallows a few weeks ago.
2. I always thought having an actual book in my hand was the best thing ever, but I have Kindle on my phone, and it has been a blessing at time....when I am waiting somewhere with nothing else to do....and less trees cut down...I think the free ones that I got for free aren't free anymore. They go through a cycle of sorts, but you can always do a search...list price low to high.
3. I am horrible at buying gifts for people. The sleeves are a great gift. Most people I know drink coffee...or at least I know very few who don't.
4. Tough when hubby is away. =(
5. Have a fun weekend!