Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Five

1. I celebrated Cinco de Mayo yesterday by meeting my cousin Amy for dinner at Chuy's for my favorite Mexican food in the entire world. Seriously y'all, Tex-Mex beats "authentic" Mex any day in my book. And no matter how hard I try, I just can't bring myself to order anything but the Chuychanga (with deluxe tomatillo sauce!) because it is just that good.

After that I had a whole evening to myself to just run errands, which, for the record, is much easier to do without lugging a toddler in and out of a car seat, knowing where a bathroom is at all times, and coming up with silly songs to keep said toddler entertained.

Thanks, Matt, for letting me have a much needed night away. :)

2. On Wednesday night, Matt painted our guest/kids bathroom, so he put everything back together last night while I was gone. I am so in love with how the color turned out! We picked a Tiffany-blue, and it's amazing how much of a difference it made in that tiny room (I really hate the layout of that bathroom)! We're using the same color in our bathroom (once I get it all taped and ready) because 1) I still love the color, and 2) we only had to buy one gallon of paint that way (we're cheap). So here's the finished product (although the blue turned out much paler in the pictures):




3. Today Avery and I are going to go through the house and get rid of stuff! Woohoo! We're putting some stuff in a garage sale this weekend, so I really need to get it all sorted and priced and out of here. I love getting rid of clutter.

4. Also on the agenda for today is for me to start (and maybe finish?) Mother's Day presents. You might say I've procrastinated a little bit. :)

5. Matt's mom and sister are coming to hang out with us this weekend! I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures to post on Monday. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. I totally forgot about Cinco de Mayo...I mean, I know it was 5/5, but you know...I'll have to get our Mex food on tomorrow I guess. =p I'll have to remember Chuy's if I'm in your neck of the woods one day.

And you reminded me apps like this one: http://www.have2p.com/have2p

3. I love decluttering!! It's amazing how much stuff comes into our house even though we don't even buy that much. Those crafts from Sunday School, storytime and Lakeshore sure pile up quickly. Have fun with the garage sale.

5. Have a great weekend!