Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Monday, May 23, 2011

39 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 39 weeks! Only 1(ish) more to go...
Size of baby: About 20 inches long and 7 lbs
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 29 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: I'm in mostly maternity clothes because I don't want to stretch out my "real" clothes, but I still wear some regular tops on occasion
Gender: We're having a boy! Landon Matthew. :)
Movement: This baby is very active. All the time.
Sleep: Getting comfortable in general is really difficult, so finding a way to fall asleep is no exception. Just a couple more weeks though! I do remember how much better I slept after Avery was born (yes, even interrupted sleep!), so I'm very much looking forward to that. :)
What I miss: Feeling normal. That should encompass the multitude of things I miss.
Cravings: Coke and Rice Krispie Treats (why can't I crave fruits and veggies?!?)
Symptoms: More heartburn lately, constant back pain, tons of contractions (that lead absolutely nowhere), and OH THE HORMONES!!! My poor husband.
Best moment this week: It's been a decent week, but I am SO BEYOND READY to meet this wiggly little boy!

For the record, I was still only 2.5 cm dilated but now 60% effaced at my 38 week appt. last Monday. While I'm pretty sure that's farther than I ever got with Avery pre-induction, it still means virtually nothing. I have my 39 week appt. tomorrow, and then I'm just praying I don't even make it to my 40 week. Sigh, a girl can dream, right?

2 comments:

Corrianna {SouthernMother} said...

you're ALMOST there!! i'm so excited for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

So excited for you guys and for Avery to be a big sister!! Can't wait to hear the big news!