Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

She's a Big Girl Now

As I type this, Avery is sleeping in her bed. Her big girl bed. Y'all, I almost cried when we were reading in bed before she went to sleep; she just looked so grown up! Granted, the bed pretty much swallows her right now, so she looks relatively small, but there's just something about putting your baby to bed in something other than a crib. Sniff.


I'm probably jinxing us for the rest of the week, but she fell asleep within two minutes of us leaving the room. That's pretty much a record for her as of late. She only whimpered a couple of times, then she got comfy on her (mommy-made) pillow and was out. I'd call that a first night success!

Now to see if she can stay within the confines of the mattress. We decided to forgo bed rails, so if she falls, she'll have a nice little greeting from her carpeted floors. We didn't even line the floor with pillows like we talked about doing. We'll see if that's a necessary addition for the future, but you gotta learn sometime, right? Haha.

In the meantime, here's a peek at her new room! Well, it's her old room, just with new (to her) furniture and accessories. I absolutely love the way it turned out! We're not totally finished with it, but it's a good start for only putting it all together in about an hour tonight.


And there you have it! I still need to do some organizational things and put up something other than a too-small shelf above the futon, but it's all good for now. Or at least until I get paid. :)

6 comments:

Kati said...

It looks great! I love the pink dresser and her bedding. Adorable!

Sarah said...

I can't believe how grown up she is. Her room is precious! (Love your new bloggy stuff, btw!)

Anonymous said...

Super cute!! Love it! It turned out great. Love the bedding.

Sarah said...

What a cute room, I love the bedding!

Ames said...

I am in love with that bedding! I want buy it and save it until my girl is ready for a big girl bed.

Tammy said...

What a cute room. I am sure I will shed some tears when DS starts sleeping in a big boy bed. Im thinking when he turns 3? What a big milestone for you all!