Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 10, 2011

52 Weeks of Organizing: Craft Corner


The great Craft Corner transplant of 2011 is COMPLETE! It took a few weeks to get everything purged, organized, and then moved from the guest/craft room to a small little corner of my bedroom, but now I can breathe a huge sigh of relief because it's d-o-n-e. Well, as done as it's going to be for awhile. I have to move on to other things!

Without further ado, here's the big reveal...

BEFORE
My workstation. Not much space to work, huh? No wonder I'm behind on all the projects I want to do!
The random bookshelf (aka the clutter magnet)
In theory these cubes are great storage. In practice, I let them get out of control.

AFTER 
Workstation! The table is just an Ikea table that I got awhile back for the workspace it provided at a cost I could afford. I'm still pleased with how it's holding up! I would still like to make a fabric skirt to velcro around the front of the table so I can hide the unsightly containers, but it's gonna have to do for now.
I love the accessibility of the drawers! And have I ever mentioned how much I love my label maker?!? I have drawers for jewelry supplies, embellishments, ink, mounting paper/envelopes, and scrap paper.
I'm using the bigger drawers for stamping and crochet supplies.
I have my idea books in a magazine holder, pictures to be scrapbooked in a photo organizer, and pens, adhesive, and glue in the drawers. I have the manuals for my Cricut and sewing machine in the plastic envelope that's standing up next to my paper cutter.
I'm planning on replacing the ugly purple cup, but it's serving its purpose for the time being.
For the sake of transparency, I wanted to include the picture of the seemingly cluttered underside of the table, but like I mentioned, I'm planning on covering it up in the near future. Anyway, I have my trash can, scrapbook paper, fabric/patters, ribbon, and pillow stuffing (haha!) hiding underneath the table. At least it's labeled, right?
And the cluttered bookshelf from the "before" picture? It has been repurposed as Avery's toy/book storage in our study (which is connected to our living room, where she does most of her playing).
Aaah, I feel like I can breathe again when I want to work on a craft project. The former guest/craft room isn't completely emptied out yet, but we're much closer to being able to paint it and move baby furniture in. Yay!

This post is linked to Org Junkie's 52 Week Challenge.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I might join the 52 weeks late.

Kati said...

Heather, good job!! You are way too organized and I need you to come help me! :> I really can do it when I put my mind to it...maybe I just need a good labeler?

Emily said...

Looks great!the 52 weeks of organizing helps keep me going. Good job, stop by sometime domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

Marbel said...

Looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks great! Now get in there and make something!