Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

23 Weeks

Um, I never made it out of pajamas today. Nor did the makeup find its way to my face. And can someone say growth spurt?!? Holy cow!
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 23 weeks
Size of baby: A little over 11 inches long and 1 pound, the size of a large mango
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 8 lbs. If you're keeping track, that means that I gained seven pounds between my last two appointments. Yikes! That's one huge jump. So now I'm just trying not to repeat that this time, although I'm not so sure I'll be successful since I definitely took part in the never-ending feast that is a cruise last week.
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing a mix of maternity and regular clothes. Maternity pants are still too big, but my regular ones are getting a little snug, so I'm going with the lesser of two evils (big pants it is). 
Gender: We're having a boy! (And there's no question about that after last week's sonogram!) And we finally decided on a name. Cross that one off the list!
Movement: I feel lots of movement, especially at night
Sleep: I'm sleeping okay for now (I'm definitely not big enough yet to be uncomfortable; I know I'll get there though!)
What I miss: My regular jeans 
Cravings: Still loving the cereal. I cannot get enough of it. This week it's Cocoa Pebbles. Seriously. You'd think I was in 3rd grade.
Symptoms: Bring on the heartburn. Except I'd rather not. It seems it's already in full swing (which is totally too early in my book). Plus, I have to pee like all the time. TMI, but annoyingly true.
Best Moment this week: This week was pretty much awesome. I love that we can see him moving around now (and I feel him all the time). Plus we're really close to having his room cleared out and ready to paint. I have a feeling that this time around 17 weeks is going to go by really quickly. There's so much to do, but we're so excited to meet this little guy!

No comments: