Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sew Cute

I'm not a very original person. I already used this title for my sewing project album on Facebook, and I know I'm not the first to use the sew/so pun. But I can't help myself!

Anyway.

I got a sewing machine!! Can I get a woohoo?!?! My birthday isn't until the end of the month, but since my mom and I were going to spend this past Saturday sewing (and I'll be, ahem, on a cruise on my actual birthday), she gave me my present early. I was SO excited!

I got the Singer Brilliance 6180, and it's so easy to use. It's a pretty basic machine, but since I'm just figuring all this sewing stuff out, I definitely didn't need anything fancy.

We had already cut out the fabric to make this twirl skort, so on Saturday we just needed to put it all together. Easier said than done, right? Ruffles hate me, but I think I'm on the road to conquering them.

My mom definitely walked me through the steps, so I didn't make the skirt entirely on my own (and she even picked out the fabric-- love it!), but here's how it turned out:


And it's still in one piece after Avery traipsed all over the church in it on Sunday! I'd call that success.

And now I'm just trying to decide if I should attempt my other skirt pattern next or go for something a little easier since now I'm totally on my own. Eek!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally love it!! Very cute and great job!