Search Past Posts

Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Five

1. There are so many things I need to be doing beside blogging.

2. They say you shouldn't ever discuss politics and religion with friends, and "they" are probably right (although I have a hard time not discussing religion with friends, but that's another issue). After Tuesday's election there were a bazillion politically charged Facebook statuses that showed up on my news feed (yes, yes, I posted one as well, although it was relatively ambiguous), and all I'm going to say is that if you're going to rant and rave in a semi-public forum, please at least sound like you're educated on the issues. And I'm speaking of both sides of the political spectrum. I only have one friend on the "opposing side" with whom I will discuss conservatism vs. liberalism, and it's because she's educated and mature enough (as I like to think I am also) to keep the discussion about issues and facts and not turn it into a friendship-ruining conversation. Anyway. My point. If you're going write a controversial post, you better be prepared to 1) back up your claims and 2) put on your big girl panties when people disagree with you.

3. Ten years ago today I was in the middle of my senior year of high school. What?!? How in the world was that ten years ago??? The class reunion discussion came up yesterday (on Facebook, no doubt) between some of my old classmates, and I was informed that I was going to be in charge of planning the whole thing. Mind you, our class only consisted of 40-ish people (crazy, right?), but there was no way I was about to take that on as my next project. So naturally I through someone else under the bus, and now our valedictorian is in charge of the shindig. He'll be better at it anyway. And it will be awesome. I'm seriously so excited! But before you go off judging me as some chick who never moved past her high school glory days (um, what are those? high school was definitely not a glorious time for me), I'm just saying that there were some really cool people in our class who (or is it whom?) I would love to see. Or are reunions just totally overrated? Either way, I think it'll be fun.

4. And now for a major announcement....

















...we're going on a cruise!

Haha, you thought I was going to tell you that I'm pregnant. Sorry to disappoint. Matt and I decided that for our Christmas/anniversary/birthday presents to each other, we're going to hit the Caribbean in January for a post-holiday getaway. We haven't officially booked it yet, so maybe I shouldn't go off telling everybody, but I'm just too excited about the prospect not to. So yay! I've never been on a cruise and I've just been dying to go. Plus, timing wise, this is really our last opportunity for awhile, so we're jumping on it. Any tips we should know while planning?

5. Now for the more immediate future, our weekend plans entail a trip to the drive-in tonight (Due Date and Life as We Know It), alumni choir for Matt tomorrow while I hang out with my cousin Amy and then go to my friend Kati's baby shower, fall hoedown tomorrow night (woohoo for cool weather and spending the evening square dancing outside!), and then our typical Sunday activities.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back on Saturday night! Hope your weekend is fantastic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Same here.
2. Totally agree.
3. Our reunion planning was crazy. Drama came up. Our senior class president did not want to be involved. Other groups planned their own thing for that same day. I heard it was fun for those who went...even though I was part of the planning, I was at my friend's wedding that day.
4. No tips for cruising. I've never been. I'll live vicariously through you.
5. Enjoy your weekend!