Search Past Posts

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Movies, Mother's Day Out, Meatballs, and Muffins

I like alliteration. Sue me.

The Back-up Plan was dumb. Ugh, I had such high hopes for it to be a fun chick flick that I wasted the number one spot on our Netflix on it. Jennifer Lopez should not be allowed in movies, with the exception of The Wedding Planner. And even then, Matthew McConaughey, Justin Chambers, and Judy Greer were the ones who made it amazing, not ol' Jenny from the Block. Okay, so consider yourself warned if you decide to watch this poorly acted, obnoxiously written, completely far-fetched romantic "comedy."

Avery started Mother's Day Out today! She wasn't even a little sad to leave me all day (I mean, come on, Avery. Is one tear too much to ask?), and I had to literally pick her up off the floor to get her to leave the room to go home. Mommy Fail of the day: not packing enough lunch. That's my girl. She's an eater. And when I got there to pick her up, her teachers asked me if she talks a lot at home because apparently she wouldn't stop talking all day. Again, we might be related. I think it's safe to say she had fun, and I got lots of work done at church. Everybody wins. Oh, and today was free lattes for the parents, so I might have won a little more.

Tonight's (delayed-because-I-overestimated-my-cooking-abilities) dinner: BBQ Meatballs a la Pioneer Woman. I am SO on a PW kick. And so is my waistline, thankyouverymuch. So so so so so good. However, (and I feel blasphemous for saying this because Ree and I are tight like that) our associate pastor's wife, Julie, makes better meatballs (and sauce). There, I said it. Please don't hate me, P-Dub. I still love you.

Tomorrow's (breakfast for) dinner: Make-Ahead Muffin Melts.They're pretty much a heart attack on an English muffin. But we'll have fruit, too, so that makes it okay, right? Right? Just humor me, okay?


My neck hurts. It's probably because I have worked from sunrise (okay, so maybe not that early but it felt like it) to sunset (and beyond!), and a good portion of the day was battling a copy machine that wants to see me die (or at least burn off my fingers). Now would be a good time to end this random little note and head to bed.

So. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made the muffins awhile back. They were okay. Haven't tried the BBQ meatballs, but another recipe. They were huge meatballs.