Search Past Posts

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I know everybody says their dad is the best, but fortunately for me, mine really is. He's goofy. He has an incredibly dry sense of humor that is enriched by an unmistakable West Texas drawl. He always, always made time for me and my siblings growing up, whether it was to become his alter-ego, Tickle Monster, or to go on bike rides through the neighborhood. I don't know what I would've done in high school without his math tutoring sessions in the kitchen or car maintenance tutorials in the garage. He is a man of integrity and has always been an example of discipline; I remember walking into the kitchen many mornings to find him sitting at the table eating his cereal not in front of the TV, but his Bible. He has dedicated his life to serving others without expecting any recognition and leads with quiet strength. How he has put up with my smart mouth and strong will for 26 years I will never know, but I'm thankful that he has.

I love you, Dad.

I also happen to be blessed with the world's best Baby Daddy. This past year has been such a fun chapter in our lives as we met our sweet Avery and embarked on this adventure called Parenthood. I have loved loved loved seeing Matt as a daddy. His little girl just adores him (and his fuzzy beard, hehe). He is the most patient man I know, and I love him more than I could ever express in one single blog entry. Happy first Father's Day, Baby.

I love you, Matty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy father's day to your guys!