Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend Update

So what do Heather and Avery do while Matt/Daddy is away? I'm glad you asked:

Watch season one of Glee. 

All of it. Now that's what you call a marathon. Whew! Avery was such a trooper while Matt was away, and her early bed time gave me plenty of time to scrapbook and chill on my new couches in front of the TV. I'm officially a Gleek. And just in time-- the new season starts tomorrow! Yippee!
  • Favorite character: Sue Sylvester. LOVE HER. 
  • Favorite song: "Alone" (feat. Kristin Chenoweth) 
  • Favorite episode: "Wheels." The wheelchair dance? Brilliant. "Defying Gravity" was an added bonus. Sue's scene with her sister? Tear-worthy.
Main St. Arts Festival

After a napless Sunday morning (the church nursery is not so conducive to sleeping), Avery finally crashed right as we were arriving downtown. Needless to say, she was a very sleepy girl while we were at the festival. Fortunately for us, sleepy did not equal fussy.
Isn't she just the sweetest little thing?
It was so crowded. But little miss Avery was in paradise with so many people around to wave to. We need to get that girl in a parade. 
But there were some really cool artists there. My favorite booth had a bunch of acrylic paintings over old baby dresses. They were so fun! 
We stopped at the Ft. Worth Water Gardens on our way back to the car. Can you tell that my parents love this little girl? They're so cute with her, and she loves them like crazy!
Peekaboo!
I love this picture. But on a side note, I am so ready to be able to wear my contacts again. Or at least get new glasses. Ugh.

Avery and I did have lots of fun together during our girls' weekend. We ran errands, played with lots of toys, read books, went on walks through the neighborhood, and snuggled on the couch. 

But we are both very excited for Daddy to come home. Only a few more hours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That peek-a-boo pic is so cute.