Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ramblings

I literally squealed when I saw Idina Menzel's gorgeous face on Glee last night. Much to my dismay, she didn't even sing. How? Ugh. I know she will eventually because I think she'll be a regular this season, but I was so looking forward to it.

My American Idol top three: Crystal, Mike, Casey. Love them all. As for the rest of the group, I would be totally fine if I never had to hear them sing ever again. Ever. It reminds me why I stopped watching AI in the first place.

I want to go on a cruise.

We're finally getting to go to the Family Life Weekend to Remember! We've been trying to go since we got married, but the Dallas conference never works out with our schedule. So we're going to the San Antonio conference at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort with our friends Tiffany and Ross and (maybe, hopefully!) Candie and Ricky.

I start teaching again in a week and a half. My student teacher has taken over this six weeks, so I've been spoiled bored to death sitting at my computer all day. As excited as I am that we close out the year with To Kill a Mockingbird, I'm a little nervous to take over the entire load again. Talking all day, teaching the same lesson six times in a row, grading 150 papers, packing up my classroom...sounds fun, doesn't it?

We had TAKS training this morning (kill me), but they passed out free coffee coupons (to be redeemed at our on-campus coffee shop) for the people who were on time. Score!

Last night's dinner and my new favorite meal: BBQ salad. Yum. Barbeque chopped brisket + spinach leaves + baked beans + ranch dressing = LOVE. I know, it sounds disgusting. It wasn't.

This blog entry inspired me this morning. It's the coolest birthday gift ever; take a minute to check it out.

Auditions for our church/community production of Little Women are SATURDAY! We desperately need a Laurie (who is, in fact, a male, for you Joey Tribbianis out there). If you know of anybody in the DFW area who is a solid tenor and is available from June 15-July 17, let me know. Obviously we're casting the entire show, so if you can sing, act, dance (just a little), and are just plain awesome, come see us on Saturday from 7-9pm.

The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the Weekend to Remember! And I love that random acts of kindness! That is great. Thanks for sharing the link.