Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Monday, April 5, 2010

Opening Day!

We were excited to be out of school. Matt thinks he's a thug.
And I think I'm a wannabe.
But we braved the crazy drivers and people who tailgated (code: drank Bud Light all morning and were quite humorous by game time) in the Six Flags parking lot and made it to our seats right as the first pitch flew over the plate.
I'm not gonna lie, it was kind of a boring game,
so we took pictures to entertain ourselves (not that the morons behind us weren't entertaining enough...)
A sugar rush makes everything better, especially when your team is losing.
But then in the bottom of the 9th after Michael Young hit a lead-off double and Vlad Guerrero (who I'm still deciding if I like as a Ranger) got a single, Salty came up to bat,
and after much cheering from the fans (can you tell who that is on the screen??)
Salty, with his cute curly hair, hits Murphy (my favorite! pinch running for Vlad) in to score the winning run!
We win!!! Opening Day success!
This pretty much says it all. And I'm taking it as a sign that it's going to be a pretty dang exciting season.
Did I mention it was crowded?

All in all, the obnoxious crowds, overpriced parking, sun burn and full price tickets were totally worth it. We'll do it again next year.

But until then, the season's only just begun...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a baseball game in such a long time. I really need to go this season.

I love the "we won!" faces! =p

Brooklynn said...

Love the pictures!! Matt does look like a "thug" :)