Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Monday, April 19, 2010

Friday Night at the Drive-In

I'm a planner. I like to know what I'm doing before I actually do it. Matt, not so much. So on Friday evening, he won the what-to-do-tonight debate with his spontaneous suggestion that we make the 45-minute trek out to Ennis to have date night at the drive-in. I was nice (don't be so shocked) and even agreed to have dinner at CiCi's (that's right, the bottomless pit of cardboard pizza) before the movies.

Avery loved her new "playroom" (the back of the car with the seats folded down, covered with blankets and toys).

But she finds it difficult to distinguish between play time and bed time.

Success! Pajamas on!

Time to hunker down. (Doesn't that look cozy?)

Fast asleep, and just in time for the movie to start.

Looking a little rough. Hey, it was a long week. Movie time!

The first selection was a lot funny and a little stupid.

The second selection was a lot stupid and a little funny.

A good time was had by all. Especially the makeout bandits who decided to park right next to us.

The end.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm a planner too. What a challenge it can be for me to go with hubby's spontaneous suggestions, but I've learned that I will usually have a great time. I married him to liven it up a little!

What a great idea for Avery! She looks so cute.

We were thinking about the Steve/Tina movie ourselves. We ended up not going though. We figured we could wait for DVD. If we had a drive-in that might make it more fun. I've only been a couple of times and LOVED going.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely a planner too. I guess that's why I can't stand when people can't commit to attending things. We're trying to plan E's birthday party, and some guests are still saying they might make it, they might not. Not helpful for us in ordering food. Anyhow, looks like you two had a good time. I don't know where the nearest drive-in is since they changed the last one I know of into a shopping plaza.

Alicia said...

Haha, that's great (about the makeout bandits)....
Loved to pictures of Avery getting ready for bed. I've been putting Squishy in a sleep sac and he's still little enough to swaddle just his bottom half...so that triggers the "it's time to sleep" mode. :)
And I'm just like you with the planning thing. And my husband is just like Matt. Haha.