Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

8 Month Update

Avery officially hit the 8 month mark on March 3; I cannot believe how quickly she's growing! It's funny though because every new stage has been my favorite. I'm not really a "baby baby" person, so the older she gets, I love the extra interaction that comes with each age. 

Sweet Avery, here's what you're up to:
  • You love love love to wave at anyone or anything at anytime. Sometimes you even add the "bye bye" (even if it's more like "bah bah bah bah bah"). 
  • You've completely picked up on Peekaboo and it makes you crack up and give us the biggest smiles. You've even mastered "Where's Avery?" and cover your face with a shirt until we ask where you are and you reveal your not-so-secret identity! Yeah, I think you're pretty much a genius.
  • If you're not a genius, maybe you're at least a musical prodigy? You sing when your musical toys start playing, even stopping when they do. It's so sweet! 
  • We added a tiny bit of meat to your diet, but I haven't quite been able to make that myself. You're getting that in jars, baby. Sorry.
  • You have an earlier bed time now and it's working beautifully (for all parties involved!). You go to bed around 7:30 now, and you sleep until about 6:30 am. As much as I miss the extra time with you in the evenings, I can really see a difference in you when you get enough sleep!
  • Your teeth are still stubborn little boogers and refuse to come in. 
  • You're "crawling" now, but in your own special little Avery way. :) I think you really know how, but you find it quicker to start the crawl and switch to the roll. You also army crawl like nobody's business, especially if you're trying to get to that annoying singing bird.
  • You love to pull yourself up to standing, but you don't quite know where to go from there. You do have some great balance though! (Maybe you missed my clutzy genes.)
  • I seriously need to do some shopping for you because you're outgrowing your clothes! You need 12 month clothes now because you're just way too tall. All of your "dresses" have had to become just cute regular shirts that you wear with jeans. And your jeans are becoming highwaters! It doesn't matter what you wear though because you are just the cutest. baby. ever.
Case in point:
We love you, baby girl! 

2 comments:

Brooklynn said...

She is just too adorable! LOVE THOSE CHEEKS!!!

Kati said...

Ah! So sweet!! I love all the things she's doing now...wish I could see her, and you :>