Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Monday, March 1, 2010

The 30(ish) Day Challenge!

I have taken an involuntary (due to time restraints) blog sabbatical, but I'm (hopefully) back now for some consistency. 

Projects make me happy. Therefore, I came up with my own. Enter: the 30(ish) Day Challenge. It's a month-long challenge (not all months have thirty days, hence the "ish") in which I will do (or not do) something different every. single. day. for that month.  I already created a list of potential challenges, but they're subject to change as a result of varying circumstances. Some future challenges include: be soda-free (my "drug" of choice), scrapbook, read the Bible, cook/bake, ditch Facebook, etc.

But now for the part you've been waiting for: What's on the agenda for this month? Well, I'm glad you asked because this month's 30(ish) Day Challenge is...

GET ORGANIZED.

That's right. I'm going to organize something every day for the month of March. I even have a list of things in my house that need to be faced, sorted, and tossed.  For the sake of transparency, here it is:
  • cup/glasses cabinet
  • plastic/rubbermaid/etc. cabinet
  • medicine cabinet
  • sock/underwear drawer
  • purses/bags in closet
  • shoes
  • gift wrap
  • filing cabinet
  • game closet
  • baby gear cabinet in kitchen 
  • pantry
  • freezer
  • media shelves
  • Avery's blankets
  • Avery's toys
  • Avery's sock/headband drawer
  • Stamps
  • Craft paper
  • Home notebook
  • Recipes
  • Books
  • Laundry room shelf
  • T-shirts
  • Soccer gear
  • Glove box
  • Cookbook cabinet
  • Junk drawer
  • Addresses
  • Bathroom cabinet
  • Cleaning supplies
Whew! I got tired just typing that list. It does seem like I'll be able to have one heck of a garage sale in April though. I'll track my challenge status via pictures in the blog. Thursday seems like a good challenge update day, don't you think? 

So. Challenges are more fun when shared. Who wants to join? Anybody in the blogosphere interested in challenging yourself each month? You don't even have to accept the same challenges I have; set your own! We can all check in with each other on Thursdays. If there's interest I'll set up a McLinky and everything. :) I've always wanted to use that, haha. 

Who's in?

2 comments:

Kati said...

Heather, what a great challenge! I decided to challenge myself too and do "Meatless in March!" I'm sure it'll be on the blog soon...I hope you get super organized :>

Whitney said...

I'm in! I want to have a garage sale too...lets coordinate!