Search Past Posts

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday's List: Typical Grocery List



Typical Grocery List
Okay, so my grocery list is usually dependent on that week's menu, but here are the items we buy on a regular basis:

Costco:
  • Bananas
  • Frozen vegetables (spinach, green beans, corn, peas [for Avery and Matt only. eww.], broccoli)
  • Baby carrots
  • Salad (you know that huge box of organic salad? Yeah, we buy that)
  • Salad dressing (you need a lot of this when you buy that much salad...)
  • Tortilla chips/salsa
  • Milk
  • Cheese (we go through shredded cheese like nobody's business)
  • Eggs
  • Bread
  • Ground turkey
  • Frozen chicken breasts
  • Diapers
  • Wipes
  • Formula
  • Dog food (two 50-lb dogs eat a lot)
Kroger/HEB/Sprouts:
  • Crescent rolls/biscuits 
  • Cereal
  • Ground beef
  • Produce (cilantro, tomatoes, onions, apples, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes)
  • Crackers (oh my goodness, those new Special K ones are amazing and I'm a sucker for Wheat Thins)
  • Pasta/sauce (yeah, I should make my own sauce, but I don't. sorry.)
  • Rice
  • Whatever else we need for specific recipes and whatever I have good coupons for that match up with store specials. 
What's your typical grocery list? Join the list of list-makers here.

2 comments:

Kati said...

Hmmm...our staples that we (I!) buy every week are: ww bread, bananas, peanut butter (2 kinds), milk, yogurt, canned beans, chicken, frozen veggies/fruits, cereal, Annie's mac 'n' cheese, tortillas, tortilla/sun chips, lettuce, tomato. And then all the extra stuff as needed!

Heather said...

Kati, you should totally do Tuesday's lists with me! Check out the link.

p.s. do you like Annie's mac and cheese? I've tried it but it just wasn't like the blue box, even if it is better for you...