Search Past Posts

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

7 Month Update

I get later and later with these monthly Avery updates. My inability to keep up with my only child is already making me question my future ability to keep up with multiple children. Not that we're there yet. Whew, trust me we're not. I'm perfectly content with my one and only right now, especially seeing as how she's only 7 months old and I really like this whole not-being-pregnant thing. Let's not go there for awhile.
Okay, so Avery baby, here's what you're up to these days:
  • You eat like a champ! You still haven't started eating meat yet, but you've expanded your fruits and vegetables this month with peas, applesauce, peaches, carrots, butternut squash, and multi grain cereal. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, and although you really don't love those peas, you think that sweet potatoes and squash are pretty darn fantastic. You'll get meat soon; I'm just a little wary of pureeing it myself like I do with your other food. We might just start with the jars for that.
  • You have become much more mobile! In fact, you're making it very difficult for Mommy to get much done around the house because I can no longer leave you in one place. You're still not crawling, but you've become quite proficient at rolling yourself wherever you want to go. You apparently do this at school as well because Ms. Beverly has to move you away from your friends when you try to get their toys and pacifiers!
  • You've started reaching for me when other people are holding you. I secretly enjoy it though because that means you know who I am and kinda like me. That's good because I like you, too. :)
  • Your newest talents are clapping, clapping, and more clapping. You clap at everything! Even when Meggie beats Daddy at tug-of-war. It's really fun, and we don't mind the applause.
  • Your pig snort laugh is almost gone, and you've even started laughing like a real live person lately! It might just be my favorite sound in the world.
  • Your favorite song has changed from "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" to "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." I haven't decided which is more annoying. :) You can be screaming your head off (i.e. when I put you in your carseat now, which you used to love, by the way), but once I start singing about that crazy spider, you immediately start smiling. Don't get me wrong, it's an easy fix, but the quick change is a little too Jekyll/Hyde if you ask me.
  • You love playing peekaboo, This Little Piggy, and Where is Thumbkin? and you are fascinated by your toys now, especially the ones that make a lot of noise.
  • You're trying to get the hang of using a sippy cup, but you haven't quite figured out how to actually get the water out of it. You're satisfied for now just holding it in your hands and chewing on the spout. You look like such a big girl holding a cup!
It's been so entertaining watching your little personality come out, and you're learning new fun things every day! We're enjoying every second of being your parents. Yes, even when you wake up too early (5 am, really?!?) because that means you get to come snuggle in bed with us. Just don't make that a habit, okay?

We love you!
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Kati said...

I can't believe she is already 7 months!! And glad to know she's starting to laugh like a human. ha ha :)