Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday's List: Go-to Dinners



Feel free to join in the list-making frenzy by clicking on the linky above for instructions. Today's list is Go-To Dinners (i.e. the family favorites you go to in a bind). Let's begin!

Disclaimer: I have no creative recipes to share because if I'm in that much of a bind, it's so easy you don't even need a recipe.

1. Breakfast for dinner: I actually usually plan for this once a week, so I don't know if it really classifies for the category, but it's just so stinkin' easy! Scramble some eggs, bake some bacon (extra extra crispy-- yum!), throw some biscuits in the oven, and bam! Instant breakfast dinner. Oh, and sometimes I make pumpkin pancakes. I'm that good.

2. Smashwiches and soup, chips, or whatever we have left in the kitchen: I don't know if "smashwiches" is really a word, but that's what Matt calls a George-Foreman-grilled sandwich. 

3. Grilled chicken and vegetables: Marinate or season some grilled chicken (massive bag from Costco, anyone?), throw it on the grill, heat up some frozen spinach/corn/broccoli/whatever. Fast, cheap, easy breezy.

4. Sonic/Chicken Express/Taco Bell/Chick-Fil-A: Okay, so these are our "in a super-bind" meals. Unfortunately, we've had to use these go-to options way too much over the past few weeks. Back to the menu planning next week! Phew!

Dessert: Chocolate chocolate chip cake. I can't even tell you how amazing this cake is. It's my all-time favorite, and if I'm feeling extra generous tonight, I'll even add the recipe.

What's your go-to recipe? I could (obviously) use some ideas!

1 comment:

ALLISONNN35 said...

OH MY GOSH! I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG!