Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Five: Birthday Edition

1. Rainy day=brilliant. I love the rain. A rainy birthday is even better.

2. My husband rocks my face off. He cracks me up because he's had my presents wrapped and waiting for me for the past two weeks, and every day he's tried to get me to open at least one of them. So go figure that this morning he couldn't even wait for me to get out of bed, and I opened my gifts with eyes still half-shut with sleep.

3. Presents!
I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt on this one and assume he's not
saying I need to work out. I was pretty excited about this though:

I've been wanting one of these apple peeler/corer/slicers so bad ever since I borrowed my mom's to make some apple pies:
Eek! I'd been wanting one of these, too! I'm completely inept at
chopping vegetables. Problem solved! And it's pink:
4. Surprise birthday lunch! I love love love the sophomore English team. They set up a surprise birthday lunch for me today, complete with decorated desk, a sign on the board and a full lunch spread! It was so yummy and a much better alternative to my sandwich and chips. I'm going to miss these girls so much next year! They seriously are the best coworkers I could ever ask for-- and I don't even have a picture to post of all of us! I need to work on that.
5. And there's still more to come. Tonight we're going to my parent's house because my awesome mommy always takes requests for our birthday dinners. My choices for the evening: oven fried chicken, her garlic/brown sugar green beans, homemade mac and cheese, and chocolate chip cake. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. And tomorrow Matt and I are going on a real live date. Chuy's for dinner and When in Rome afterwards because it is still my birthday celebration and I request a chick flick. I win!

So I'm not technically 26 until 9:00 pm, but happy birthday to me anyway!

11 comments:

Tawna said...

Yay!!! Happy birthday!!! Your birthday meal sounds absolutely wonderful!!! Macaroni and cheese ( especially homemade) is my absolute favorite food!!! Have a wonderful celebration!!!!

Melinda said...

Have a fabulous birthday! Your hubby done good ;)

bashtree said...

Happy birthday! Your apple peeler is darling!

the.bain.family. said...

that is so fun. There is so much there to make your birthday feel really special.

Cari Kaufman said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was awesome!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday!! Your mom's green beans sound yummy. Have a happy birthday weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fabulous day!!

One More Equals Four said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great one!

Rachel Anne said...

Happy happy happy birthday! I smiled all the way through the story of your husband giving you the presents...how sweet!! Mine would NOT be able to keep a secret for 2 weeks. Awesome gifts, i'd take the wii without a second thought!

Love that decorated desk! Very creative bunch.

How was the movie? I wanna see it!

No Longer 25 said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a great time and enjoy your presents!
Jade

LydiaCate said...

That sounds like a perfectly wonderful birthday! Happy Birthday!
Mine was Monday...I didn't turn 26 or 27 though :/
Have a great week!
LydiaCate