Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas and NYE 2009

I'd like to thank the school district for this perfectly timed ice day. I have an unreal amount of items I'd love to accomplish today, and Matt was supposed to have rehearsal until 8 pm. So now I have the whole day to get things done (with help, too!) AND hang out with my two favorite people and two favorite puppies!

Avery is just bouncing away in her Graco Bumper Jumper (the girl loves that thing!), Matt is playing Wii Super Mario, and I'm (obviously) taking this rare opportunity to update the blog with a long overdue Christmas update. Did I mention that I love ice days?!?

So here's our break in pictures...

We had to have our sibling gift exchange early on the 23rd since Aaron and Chelsea weren't going to be with us for the rest of the break.
On Christmas Eve, we bundled up and headed out in the snow to get free Whataburgers. Merry Christmas to us!
Christmas Eve also means family, friends, and tamales at my parents'. This is one of my very favorite Christmas traditions. And this year it only took us about 30 minutes to get there (note the sarcasm); holy cow, the roads were icy!! That night we also got our Christmas Eve gift of pajamas. Avery got ruffles!
We spent the first part of Christmas morning at home. Not that we were really expecting any different, but Avery was more interested in the wrapping paper than her actual presents (a Gloworm and the aforementioned jumper). She sure did have fun tearing into that paper though!
Round two was at my parents' for stockings, breakfast, and even more gifts.
Round three was in Baytown from the 26th to the 28th. After we got there we had to make a mad dash to Target because we discovered upon arrival that Avery's packed bag was left at home. Score. It was so fun to catch up with Matt's family though; we were sad we couldn't stay longer!
Matt and I celebrated our third anniversary on the 30th by sending Avery to Grandma and Grandaddy's house so we could go on a real live date. I have no pictures to post because Matt got what we thought was just food poisoning, effectively ruining the rest of date night.

On New Year's Eve though, my favorite friends came in town from Austin and Houston for our first annual roomie NYE party. :) We also discovered that Matt did not, in fact, have food poisoning. It was a lovely stomach bug that made its rounds among all who were present at our house. Sorry, guys!

Whew! So that's what we've been up to. Maybe this will teach me to blog more frequently so I don't have to go on these marathon picture-posting sessions. Maybe? Or perhaps I should emulate my friend Kati and aspire to blog every.single.day. I might just have to try that later. February? Time will tell.

I'm off to enjoy the day. Stay warm!


1 comment:

Kati said...

Ah, I got a shout out! Seriously, I love looking at your pictures. You and Matt seem to have so much fun together and Avery is so cute, especially in her ruffles! Is that her boyfriend in the last pic? ;> Enjoy your day off!