Search Past Posts

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hello, 2010

2009 has been a good great year for us.

Highlights: I became a mommy, got a new sister-in-law, went on around 10-ish road trips with a newborn, and took on a new position at our church that will allow me to stay at home after the school year.

I'm really excited to see what 2010 has in store because I truly feel like God has some big plans for us this year. Don't ask me what they are because I honestly don't know, but He's been teaching us so much lately, and that has to be for a reason.

So at this time next year, I'd like to be able to say that I...
  • Made our home a sanctuary. I know it sounds silly, but I really want our home to be a place of rest and somewhere to really call home.
  • Was consistent with menu planning. This is something that makes our lives so much easier, especially during the school year. It also keeps us from eating out so frequently AND it saves money.
  • Caught up with my scrapbooks. I really want Avery to have her story in pictures so she can look back on it when she's older. Plus, I really love to scrapbook and just haven't made time for it lately.
  • Studied God's word on a regular basis. No, not just went to church and took good notes during the sermon, but actually dove in it on my own.
  • Got in good enough shape to play an entire soccer game without throwing up. I'm out of shape right now, and that's the best measure of my fitness goal that I can come up with at the moment. I think I'm already getting there, but I've still got a long way to go.
  • Made an eternal impact on someone else's life. I've already got some ideas going on some "ministry opportunities" (goodness, how many Christian cliches can I fit in this entry?), but I'm excited to see how they come into effect this year.
So no "resolutions" for me this year, but those are my goals.

We have a full house tonight: 6 adults, 2 babies, and 5 dogs. As chaotic as it has the potential to be, I am SO BEYOND excited to ring in the new year with two of my very best friends and their families.

Happy New Year!


1 comment:

Kati said...

Those are some good goals! I would like to improve my meal planning and variety too :> Happy New Year!!